Machine Learning - Decision Tree


Machine Learning - Decision Tree



I am still not sure about the Decision Tree's pruning feature. That is:



What exactly happens in pruning in DT?



Do rows (observations) get deleted OR
Do columns (features / x-variables / independent variables) get deleted?



For instance, if there are 1000 rows and 10 features in my dataset and I build a decision tree model (using all 10 features), then after pruning,



Do 1000 rows reduce to (1000-n) observations OR



do 10 features reduce to (10-n) features OR



Both



Is there any way I can see what happens what exactly gets pruned from my observations?



Any way I can compare the original vs Pruned model?



Thanks.





Neither. Pruning reduces the depth of the tree
– vahndi
Jul 1 at 3:22









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

How to input without newline? (Python)

C++ thread error: no type named ‘type’ MINGW

Analog for TagView in flutter