Regular Expression to extract data between two bracket
Regular Expression to extract data between two bracket
For example I have a string line as follows
What is your family Occupation? [RMB 2011]
I want to extract two data from here.
The RMB part can be of any length. I have used following regex pattern to extract the data
^[([A-Z]{3}sdddd[)]]$
But it does not match anything in the string. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
1 Answer
1
You do not need the string start with ]. Try this online:
]
[([A-Z]{3})s(d{4})]
And if RMB part can be of any length, you can change [A-Z]{3} to [A-Z]{1,}.
[A-Z]{3}
[A-Z]{1,}
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.
Exactly what I wanted :). Thanks
– Mars Moon
Jun 30 at 9:54